Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2018

Slice of Life Day Seventeen: Seven Things.





We just returned from the farm.

I loved all the time together.  But you know that let down when you get in your house again, and realize you are the one who is going to have to make dinner, not your mama?  (And by make dinner, tonight I mean pull some things out of boxes and put them in the oven.)

Ugh.  So I write.  And all ready I feel better. 

Seven Things About Me:  (A format found on social media)


  1. An everyday item I couldn't live without:  Not to sound cliche, but my phone.  I document stories on there.  I take notes on there.  I reference Feedly, Bible, Planbook, and news sites.  I'm not sure there is another device that does what my phone does for me.
  2. My Favorite Song:  This one.  Always changes.  Right now Toby Mac wins.   My 13 year old played it for me one day, and I don't know if he knew or not, but it was just what I needed to hear.  

3.  An Adventure I want to have before I die:  I want to do some hiking in a place that I'm not even thinking about right now.  Canada maybe?  Somewhere where there is cool hiking, but off the beaten path.  I felt like we had that with South Dakota.  

4.  A Pastime I never tire of doing:  Dinner.  Whether it's at home or out and about, I never tire of having dinner with people.  

5.  Treats I could eat everyday:  Chips and dip.  Hands down.

6.  People I'd be Lost without:  My husband.  I need to figure out how to write about him without sounding like a total sap.  And Doris.  

7.  A place I want to visit:  I think Banff.  But Friends in Canada, is it too fancy?  I want to hike and see Lake Louise.  

And that's all I have Friends.  See you tomorrow. 

Joy!
Kendra




4 comments:

  1. There's definitely a let down when you get back from a vacation and it's time to put a meal together. It's like a reality check! Hiking in Canada sounds like a great adventure. It's such a beautiful place but I've actually only visited cities there. Hmmm...might have to work on that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this format! (And might have to try it some time.) I agree with you about a lot of your picks, but not the one about dinner. If someone else fixes dinner, I like it, absolutely. But having to cook dinner myself? Ugh, not one of my favorite things. :-) ~JudyK

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in Wyoming, but have been to Banff twice. It is definitely not too fancy. We didn't do any hikes, but am sure they are there. So so worth it. Sweet slice reflecting on what's meaningful in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great format for a slice! Little snippets of your past, present and future! Happy you were able to write ... it sounds like you are missing your mama!

    ReplyDelete