Pages

Friday, January 5, 2018

Friday Favorites


Hi Friends,

As we think about this first week back, I have a couple of things I want to share with you that I love.


Image result for book stands in the classroom

Book Stands.  I've really been challenged to get my kids to access books this year!  Some years they do it automatically.  Other years, not so much.  I put these book stands out today and put some books from my reading corner on it.  The students noticed right away, and they were thrilled to get permission to pick up the books!
Also, we love The Hello, Goodbye Window.  If you aren't familiar with it, it won the Caldecott in 2006.
Image result for seesaw app math


SeeSaw.  This digital portfolio app is really groovy.  I knew this, but had been struggling with how to use technology authentically.  I don't have one to one, and when I started using tech in the classroom, I did.  This friend is showing me tens and ones after counting a collection of blocks.  Having 3 devices that I've fashioned into classroom devices, using SeeSaw is helping me get my groove back in using technology to amplify my student's voices.


19353106
This devotional was recommended to me by some of my wisest friends.  I'm 5 days in and I love it.  It is challenging, yet accessible.  I'm anxious to read more of Tripp's work.

Rest up Friends!  Have a great weekend!
Joy!
Kendra


No comments:

Post a Comment