Pages

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

SOL Challenge Day 15: What She Ate Wednesday



Two Writing Teachers are hosting Slice of Life.  Join us!


I'm not really eloquent at writing about food allergies.  A couple of years ago, I tried to write about Li'l T's allergies here:


These days we are managing well.  We actively avoid:  fish, nuts, beef, and eggs.  We can eat:  dairy, wheat and soy.  But we know if there is trouble where to go first to make changes in what we are doing.  

Often, I get asked:  What Do You Eat?
Answer:  Too Much.  :)  

Well.  Here's an example of how we do dinner.  Specifically, a take out theme:

Stir fry some chicken breast strips and stir fry vegetables.  I used a garlic flavored grapeseed oil to do this with.  


I'm not a food photographer at all.  I keep thinking I should learn how.  Because I might write about food more if I knew how to document it well.  Thanks for understanding...

We steam a pouch of whole grain brown rice to go with it.  

There is sweet and sour sauce and orange ginger sauce to go with it.  

We also bake vegetable egg rolls and cream cheese wontons because you have to have some fun!  

When I serve food, I usually set it up on our counter like a buffet.  It allows family to build dinner that works for them!  

If you can eat the protein and vegetables-you have to take it.  (Guess what?!?!  I always serve a protein and/or vegetables that work.)

I'm wondering about more vegetable based meals.  Li'l T has been less than excited about plant-based milks we've tried.  (Rice milk is about our only option...even though he's had it for about 6 years...)
If he ate some foods rich in Vitamin D and Calcium, I'd back off...It's been something I've been wondering about.  But if you have an easy vegetable based meal you want to share with me, you can link below and I'll check it out!  

What have you had for dinner this week?

Joy!
Kendra


3 comments:

  1. Looks great. I think food photography is all about natural daylight. Try taking pictures by a window and from straight above.

    Sounds like you do a good job of managing the food allergies and finding ways to eat creatively!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I had a recipe for you. I don't. We eat a LOT of cereal at my house. Worst.Mom.Ever.
    Keep rockin' it girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing great things in your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete