Pages

Monday, December 19, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? Gift Edition.



Visit Jen at Teach MentorTexts and Kellee and Ricki at UnleashingReaders to see what they've been reading, along with everyone else who link up.

Hey Friends, My Family?  We are nerds to the core.  Books all around for everyone.  

It's a tradition in our household to celebrate Advent and stop and reflect each week on what this means.  We also open a present or two.  Nothing fancy.  Clothes.  Fun.  Faith.  And Books.  Lots of books.  

Here's a snapshot of what we are giving and have received in books this year.  A span of ages and interests here:

Here's what was gifted to me:
8905140
A quick honest reaction?  I'm not enjoying this book at all.  I asked for the book.  I'll finish it.  But the short story is this did not resonate with me.  At all.  I'm a little angry at this book actually.  Does this happen to anyone else when they read?  It's a blog post for another day...

25852632
I'm loving this cookbook.  I love her stories and her voice.  I also learned she has a blog.  It's on my list of things to check out over Christmas break.
30083018
This picture book is really about me.


For the Mr.:
Image result for the man in the high castle book
What's funny is we both said no books for each other.  That we had enough.  Yeah, right...

For All the kids of each Shape and Size:
7285966

22098550

18263725

28450988

28450986

60400

27904311

30065028

Does your family do books as gifts?  What are you giving/receiving this year?

Joy!
Kendra




4 comments:

  1. I'll have to check out the Highest Mountain of Books in the World. I have a mountain of books in my tbr pile right now. Never enough time! I love the books in the Mo Willems series. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun timing! I actually wrote a gift books post this week too. (As a relatively new aunt I am enjoying being the book-giving family member.) My list is here: http://www.thelogonauts.com/2016/12/gift-books.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, books have made me angry, too! My poor family has had to listen to me rant over books more than a few times...

    My family always gives books as gifts, and my parents have a tradition of writing a little message in the front, which makes them extra special keepsakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, we give books for every and any occasion. I've purchased books for my two unborn grand babies! It is hard when I want a book, and then when I get it, I just don't like it. Mostly these days I try to read from the library, and then if I think I'm going to re-read a book I purchase it.

    ReplyDelete