Pages

Friday, March 18, 2016

SOL 18: Spring Break Eats.

This post is part of the 9th Annual Slice of Life Writing Challenge.  Thanks to Two Writing Teachers for their hospitality and support!  Join Us!

9th Annual Slice of Life Story Challenge Invite

Spring Break Eats-A Free Verse.

Blue Tomato Kitchen.

Birthday Fun.
Get the soup!
Gut-busting laughs.

Draught House

Local brew.
Great Friend Time.
An Icy Spill.  Whoops.
More Giggles.

On the Border

New Friends.
Fish Tacos.
Funny ending.
Mamas texting from the grocery stores they stopped at.

Kitchen Table.
Lunch at home.
2 Favorite Boys.
Homemade pizza.
Willie!

Mr.'s House and Mrs.'s House
Like family.
Migration.  Mr.'s house gets lunch.
Mrs.'s House gets dinner.
Grocery store offerings.
15 kids?!?!?!
The best.

I hope you are having a relaxing break with lots of good food!

Joy!
Kendra



5 comments:

  1. Break is coming this week, and your post makes me hungry. It also has me looking forward to time with family and friends. It always is good to recharge. I enjoyed the structure of your poem. It helped me to see the joy of each place.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm retired but remember well the joy of spring break! Sounds like you have enjoyed it! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cool way to remember some good eats! I love the structure of this poetry. I think I might have to give this one a try! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was fun to read - Spring Break has been good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was fun to read - Spring Break has been good for you!

    ReplyDelete