Pages

Monday, July 6, 2015

Teachers Write! My Monday Morning Warm Up.

new teachers write 2015

Read all about Teachers Write here.  Then sign up and join us!  

Never mind that graduate work off to the left.  If you've been around, you know I keep referencing it.  Sorry about that.  I'm in my last week for the summer semester.  And there is writing coming on the heels of turning everything in on Friday regarding graduate school.  (Whew!  This Mama is tired!)

Jo Knowles offers a Warm Up today.  Here is mine:

Grandma shows up A Lot when I sit down to write.  
Did she like school?
What about her cousins?  
When did she read?
Did she set reading goals?
Did they all have Faith or did that come later?
This is about the story of my family.  
Did she ever just rearrange her book shelves just because. 
The How to books.  Cookbooks.  Crafting.  Guitar.  Those are here.
The need to know my family.  The inklings I get help me understand.  
I think she would have had a blog if she was middle aged in 2015.  
Once I wrote a comparison and contrast piece on my two grandmas.  
It's funny because I thought my writing would have more education in it.  Best practice.  Classroom arrangements.  Or faith-based reflections after I read and study.  
But it was Grandma who kept surfacing to the top.  Who am I to tell her story?  Will it be her story, or part of mine?
But she's there!  

I can't wait to see where this goes!  

Joy!
Kendra


1 comment:

  1. I love your wonderings. I, too, often think of my grandmother - really my mother's mother. She was something! Born in 1899; I always thought that was so cool. She lived to the ripe old age of 94. My thoughts based on Jo's prompt today was about my dog, who, I keep thinking, I want to write a picture book about. (my post is on my blog) We'll see. Now you have me thinking about my grandmother's story. Thanks so much for sharing!
    Janie
    Are We There Yet?

    ReplyDelete