Pages

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Celebrate--It's Really Been Almost a Month??!?!?!?



I'm linking with Ruth Ayres, and her weekly link up.  Read More about that here.  And then join in.


Dear Celebrate Friends,

Oh my.  Here I am again.  It's been 3-4 weeks since I've written a post.  So much has happened, just it feels like there is nothing to show for it!  And has so much happened, or am I caught up in "the busy" that is May?  I'm totally caught up in it.  I'm winding down my time at one school, and beginning to think about my new time at another school.  (That story is still coming...)  Anyway, thanks for stopping by.  I can't wait to catch up and celebrate with you!  

So, I was flipping through my pictures.  So there is a list to celebrate.  Starting with I'm thankful that I snap pictures when I see something that gives me joy.  So here we go:

Oh my.  A glimpse into the future or what?!  (He's sweetly chatting with his grandparents.)  He's growing up to be an awesome kid.  I'm so Thankful for him.  

This is a shot of a bird outside my classroom window.  This doesn't happen very often, other than robins.  I'm fascinated by wildlife and creatures.  

Bless it.  He has off to the left a huge basket of books. 60+ titles for sure.  When I asked him to clean it out with me, he parted with 4.  4.  So, naturally we ordered more from the book orders.  I celebrate his love for reading.  He did that on his own terms in this family.  

Do you read Jen Hatmaker's blog?  You should.  This was posted on her social media sites earlier this week.  I just laughed out loud when I saw it.  I needed a laugh like that!  

And here's why I needed that laugh.  I'm in the midst of end of the year paperwork, testing, recording. I need a full week to do this well!  I don't have that, so I'm celebrating what I do complete each time.  

In the end, I didn't say much really.  But I celebrate "the busy" and the little things.  It means I'm living life.  

Joy!
Kendra



9 comments:

  1. May is exhausting. I love that image of teach yourself. It made me laugh out loud. My kids are so loud right now. My partner keeps saying, "what are you doing in there?" I used to have great control. Don't teach your kids to be independent unless you want them outspoken by the end of the year! I have reading children as well, isn't it lovely? I love how your son rests the iPhone on his ear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO GLAD you took some time today to celebrate. We missed you!! I LOVE Jen Hatmaker!!! Keep an eye out for her AMAZING new book, For the Love. It's coming out in August!!! You should read Glennon Doyle Melton's book Carry On, Warrior if you haven't. May is so stressful for teachers, but I love how you found moments to laugh, to spend time with your son, to read, and to celebrate!!!! YAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is so much to do, but I'm happy you took the time to share those 'other' things of joy, Kendra! Best wishes in the paperwork!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this celebration and the pics. Sometimes I flip through my pics in search of the celebrations too. A basket of books and a son who loves to read! The pic of him talking to his grandparents is priceless. Good luck with making it through the end of the year work. I wish some restful, lazy days for your near future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. During busy it becomes harder to linger with words, then the short snapshots help to record life. I am glad you joined the celebrations today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely it is important to find moments for joy in the busy/crazy that is the end of school. Good luck with reports!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many joyful celebrations...even that mountain of work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That end of the year pile of work is so daunting, but getting through it is definitely a celebration! I am intrigued by the teaser of a new school on the horizon...that sounds exciting. I am also very caught up in the busy of this time of year and my blog has suffered for it too. I love these great celebrations. The pictures tell great stories. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH YES - this end of the year thing is EXHAUSTING - and so is the beginning of the year thing! Yet,,,,it is the price to pay for a LONG vacay!

    ReplyDelete