Pages

Friday, March 6, 2015

SOL Day 6: Currently.



Two Writing Teachers host Slice of Life on their blog.  Join us and link up too!

Here is the link for my inspiration for today.

It was a late night conferencing last night.
Is there enough coffee for today?

Currently.  

(A Peek into Today.)

Listening:  I'm currently listening to second graders return to class and first graders coming in from recess.  The chatter they produce when they are socializing is hilarious.  (One is simply singing "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" at the top of her lungs.)  On my playlist, I have Rend Collective on heavy rotation.  

Eating:  Lots of dark green lettuces.  I'm trying to raise my iron level.  I'm also on a soup kick.  What's your favorite kind?  Today I'm having chicken tortilla.  

Drinking:  Sparkling Mineral Water and herbal tea.  Remember #nerdlution15?  After watching everyone give up pop, I became inspired.  I haven't completely stopped drinking soda.  However, I'm choosing the mineral water and herbal teas more and more.  It's a process people.  

Wearing:  A UNI Panther T-Shirt.  My Alma-Matter is expected to do big things in the NCAA tournament.  Also, it's going to be 50 here today, which is practically summer here.  

Reading:  Little Bee.  A great read if you haven't read this.  

Feeling:  Overwhelmed and tired.  In a good way.  But teaching, graduate school, an extra house guest, and some unknowns for the next year are starting to weigh on me a bit.  I'm hanging in there.  I'm ready for a break to reset a bit.  

Wanting:  A guilt free nap.  (See above).  Also some Girl Scout Cookies and a Coke.

Needing:  to do laundry. 

Thinking:  about lots of things.  

Enjoying:  My class today.  They are buzzing, working, engaged in what they are doing.  They are being kind to each other, and they are relaxed.  (So is their teacher.)  I'm writing this slice along side a few of them.  

Joy!

Kendra



4 comments:

  1. So many "good for the soul" types of things in this list. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many "good for the soul" types of things in this list. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm snacking on a few Thin Mints as I read this! I'll pray for your direction, and a few naps in your near future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, it's all a process— I am considering the thought of giving up soda, that's a start!

    ReplyDelete