Pages

Friday, March 20, 2015

SOL 20. Hello There.



Two Writing Teachers host Slice of Life on their blog.  Join us and link up too!


Today is a day where the idea of writing did not make me say, "Yahoo!"  

Leigh Anne Eck used a prompt on her blog earlier this week that I remembered from last year.  

Let's learn a little bit more about each other, shall we?



i am a wife, mother, teacher, runner, friend.

i keep clothes for what seems like forever.  Even if they don't fit or I don't need them anymore.

i wish i could take away struggles for students who are in poverty.  And their families too.

i love my Mr., reading, running, time with friends.

i dance in the kitchen and in the classroom.

i sing in the kitchen and in the classroom.  Also in the car.

i think everyone who raises kids, teaches kids, loves kids should get a free-agent contract.

i really can't wait to be done with graduate work.

i need to finish spring cleaning and purging.  (I've been using the 1/2 method.  Cut the amount of clutter in 1/2 in every area of the house.  1/2 the drinking cups, 1/2 the t-shirts.  1/2 method is working.)

i should eat more veggies.

i can Not stay up past 10:30 very well.

i like days when the work is "done" and you can relax without worrying about too much.

i make good soup.

i always hug and kiss My People at the end of the day and beginning of the day.  I always make sure they know how much I love them when we start and end our day.  


Now, here's my thought.  If you read this and try it out, please leave your link here so I can get to know you a bit better!

Joy!
Kendra

5 comments:

  1. Oh I like the 1/2 method! Looking at my dining room table, it could use that right now! We definitely don't agree with the dancing and singing! Thanks for sharing more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this prompt! I tried it out recently-my link is https://wahooliteracyteacher.wordpress.com/2015/03/18/a-little-slice-of-life-sol15/
    I can relate to so many of the things that you wrote about and enjoyed getting to know you! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm doing this today! I saw it on Leight Anne's blog the other day and knew I should do it sooner or later. I think I'm going for it next.

    I, too, can no longer stay up late like I used to in my 20's. Most nights I wish I could curl-up and go to bed right after my daughter goes down. Unfortunately, I'd never get anything done if I did that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this kind of format. I like the idea of dancing and singing in the kitchen and classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the 1/2 method! I borrowed Leigh Anne's idea, too. Loved getting to know you a little better.
    http://oneschooldayatatime.blogspot.com/2015/03/solsc15-day20.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete