Pages

Monday, January 26, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


What are you reading?  I would love to know!  Link up with www.teachmentortexts.com and www.unleashingreaders.com.  

More Mock Caldecott this week!  

20708761
I'v really tried not to steer the class opinion, but I may have steered as we were reading this one.  The excitement was palpable.  

17471114
We loved Sparky today too!  
18355417
I'm so glad I previewed this story.  (I used up my ugly tears in the first read!)  This story is touching.  

14999726

My students have been enthralled by stories of peacemakers.  I cannot wait to share this story with them.

19565411

Friendship?  Family?  Dogs?  I'm in!  

I'm still reading:

16068905
I'm enjoying it.  If you are an educator, I hope you'll understand when I say I've been doing other things at night-right or wrong.  

1074964

Also-there is this graduate school reading.  I'm reading an updated edition.  Does that count? 

6948436

This is still next in my pile.  

Joy!
Kendra

4 comments:

  1. I'm interested in Emily's Blue Period. Appropriate for 4th grade?

    Lisa
    LisaTeachR'sClassroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it's about time I read Sam and Dave Dig a Hole and Emily's Blue Period! Thanks for the suggestions, Kendra!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been reading Sam and Dave to groups of students this week. I can't remember a book that engaged so many readers from such different age groups. I'm astounded by how profound their interpretations of the author's message are, no matter the age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fangirl has been keeping me up quite late these past several nights - it's quite a riveting read. I hope to finish it before the weekend as we're going to have a bookclub discussion about it on Saturday. Loved Emily's Blue Period too. Such a layered and complex picturebook.

    ReplyDelete