Pages

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Celebrate!




I'm linking with Ruth Ayres, and her weekly link up.  Read More about that here.  And then join in!

This book:

3149701

This book was gifted to my class.  I had planned to read it in two settings.  But the kids were so enthralled, we read it in one.  They were also enthralled with Owen and Mzee.  I just love it when we come together with books.  The theme of unlikely friendships is such an important one.  I'm contemplating how to build off of this even more.  

Wednesday it was too cold for school.
I did a lot of reading.  Writing too.  
I was thankful for the time to reset as we eased back into school this week.  
I think this made the week more successful for my Little Friends.  


I celebrate Saturday mornings where this happens:

I usually write or blog before every one is up and around.  That didn't happen today.  So Sportscenter is on, Breakfast is being made, Li'l T was roaming around looking for "Something To Do."  Pretty soon, is this what he landed on.   He's across the room from me working this out.  

Here's To Weekend Celebrations!
Joy!
Kendra


9 comments:

  1. I too am curled up on the couch with my book on this Saturday morning. I love Saturdays!
    Sounds like you had a lovely week of celebrations. It is cold here in Colorado too, but not enough to not have school.
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You caught such a cool 'right now' moment. I love Saturday mornings when everyone is at home and we have no hurry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely Saturday! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cold weather is perfect for book snuggling. Perfect! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post is so warm and happy. There is a "sliver lining" to the bitter cold outside. thank you for capturing it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy hearing about your Saturday morning and hope tomorrow will be like that for me. I had many errands to complete this am, so am now catching up reading posts. Hope it was a happy day. Your 'cold' day sounds delightful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that picture of your little guy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you seen the book Unlikely Friendships: 47 Remarkable Stories from the Animal Kingdom? It's not a children's book but many of the stories would be accessible and enjoyable for kids, I think. Two Bobbies and Owen & Mzee are two of my favorites as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your son seems to have perfected the art of the Saturday morning.

    ReplyDelete