Pages

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Celebrate Enough!



I'm linking with Ruth Ayres, and her weekly link up.  Read More about that here.  And then join in!


Oh the One Little Word.  Last year, I learned much about myself as I embraced the word Strong.  


These thoughts below I shared a few days ago as I was clearing out my head on New Year's Night.  

My One Little Word:  Enough. 
This word has been following me around now for awhile. 
As a staff we did some training in the Seven Habits of Highly Effective People earlier this fall, and that's when this idea of Being Enough appeared.  And it hung around.  

  • It's a part of my vision:  I'm Enough.  You are too.  Let's dance.  
  • I'm Enough because of Love.  You are too.  
  • I do Enough everyday.  (Let go of the guilt.)
  • There is Enough Joy for all of us.  
  • Get Enough rest, veggies, and exercise.
  • I can say Enough when I need to stop.

This has also resulted in some questions I can ask myself when things feel out of whack:
  • Are you with Your People Enough?  (The ones who love you the mostest...those are Your People.)
  • Are you organizing and preparing Enough for the day?
  • Are you saying Enough to technology when it's time?
If you are an educator (or a human) with family and friends, I think you understand when I say it's easy to feel like you aren't doing enough.  But you are.  It brings me to the idea:  How can I encourage others to see that they are Enough too?

Enough is a Celebration of who we are and what we do everyday!  

If you have a word, I would love to read about it if you are sharing those thoughts.  Share a link with me and I'll check it out!

Joy!
Kendra


7 comments:

  1. "Enough is a celebration of who we are and what we do everyday" are certainly words to live by. I see some similar thoughts with my OLW which I am writing about on Tuesday SOL. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great word to live by, Kendra. So many of us keep adding more & more to our lives to be sure it's "enough", when really, it already is. Good for you for the deliberate consideration... I haven't written my post yet, but do have a One Little Word chosen-coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enough is such a great OLW! I love your reflective questions!! I feel like my word, FLY, will reveal itself to me throughout the year. Thanks for a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enough is a unique OLW that will carry you far with the thoughtful questions you pose, Kendra. I am preparing for a celebration now and wonder, Do I enough food for a host of friends?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just hearing the word enough makes me feel peaceful and gives me a sense of relief. We all need to give ourselves permission to be enough and not keep trying to do it all. My word this year is quiet. http://www.raisingreadersandwriters.com/2015/01/my-olw-for-2015-with-little-nerdlution.html Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Enough" is empowering, making you stand tall and strong. It's a happy word, allowing to enjoy who you are and what you do. I am still figuring out my OLW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great word! I'm enjoying reading about everyone's OLW so much. This one is unique, and you've captured it perfectly in your questions and goals.

    ReplyDelete