Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

#sol 14 Summer is for Relaxing?

SOLSC Button

Two Writing Teachers are hosting Slice of Life.  Join us!

I finished graduate classes for the summer.  There is a post in that statement somewhere.  I just can't get the words to come out the right way without sounding like a whiner.  I'll keep trying.  

So--we relax right?  Right?  

I look at the calendar.  

This weekend.  The house.  Me in the house.  Maybe even no children.  Even with children.  I envision:

All of us on the couch doing this.  All day.  With snacks.  


 Note--the reading is still happening.  Just not on the couch.  Spontaneous Road Trip!


 That's because we saw life long friends.

 We saw a teenage boy, my nephew, participate in a baptism in the river at his church camp.  Beautiful stuff.

 The baptism allowed for some hiking.  In between these reeds, can you spot the turkey head? (It's toward the left of the picture.  Turkeys can be mean, so I didn't get any closer.)

I'm a homebody.  It's true.  I like to plan out activities and build in downtime.   As the boys get older, I'm learning to redefine what it means to relax. 

How are you relaxing this summer?  

Joy!
Kendra







2 comments:

  1. Glad you are slowing down the pace and changing from studying to summer mode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff going on - love the picture tour (although that turkey was hard to spot!).

    ReplyDelete