Pages

Friday, May 9, 2014

New to Me: Easy Readers

When I enter the Easy Readers section of our library, I'm surrounded by familiar characters that Big B and I love -- Elephant & Piggie, Nate the Great, Henry and Mudge, and Fly Guy to name a few.  We are lingering in this section of the library because 1.) I love it and 2.) I'm really hesitant to let Big B start reading chapter books too soon.  Here are a few new favorites from the easy reader category.


Boris series by Andrew Joyner
The adventures of this warthog are perfect for my first grade reader.  The plot moves right along with a nice balance of text and picture support.  It feels like a graphic novel.


Penny and her Marble by Kevin Henkes
Considering my love of Chrysanthemum and Owen, I was shocked that I hadn't discovered this gem earlier.  This delightful book features a mouse named Penny who is faced with the dilemna of finding and taking a marble that doesn't belong with her.  I loved the authenticity of Penny's character!


Rabbit and Robot: The Sleepover by Cece Bell
This one made us laugh!  There's something fun about unusual friendships! This pair reminded me of my beloved Frog and Toad.

Happy reading!

Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment