Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


I'm joining Teach Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers for It's Monday!  What Are You Reading?  

I had a list of texts I wanted to share with you, and I still might next week.  In my classroom, the reading lounge is up and running.  There were new titles in the library, so I promptly grabbed borrowed as many of them as I could.  But we checked this book out from our public library and read it tonight as a family.  It's going to school.  



I'm in Love with this book!  The language is minimal.  The pictures really tell a story.  I read it with my 5 year old tonight.  It was so cool to watch him really take the dynamic in.  The premise of this story is the Bully is really just sad, and is acting out because he is so sad.  His friends don't allow him to act this way, and the ending is happy of course.  It's immediately going to school.  I can't wait to see what my little friends do with this book!


When the bathroom floods, someone has to get new books, right?  Long story short-yes, the bathroom flooded a bit on Saturday. One yoga mat, two throw rugs, and a pair of boots later, all is well, but one child was able to take a trip to the bookstore with his mama, since we didn't make it to the library.  When I told him at bedtime that I wanted to blog a bit about this book, first he made me promise to bring it right back, then he immediately launched into a retelling and became very animated.  He loves this series for a quick read.  I also learned tonight that he sleeps with a nest of books around his head.  :)  Love Him.  

Happy Monday and Happy Reading!  
--Kendra

No comments:

Post a Comment