Pages

Saturday, December 14, 2013

One Year Ago

One year ago, the lives of twenty children and six educators were lost in a school shooting an elementary school.  The loss remains incomprehensible.  As I paused to remember the victims and their families today, I wanted to share what is different in my life because of the tragic events at Sandy Hook Elementary.

One year ago, we rushed to get ready to school and work on time.  I was frustrated with Big B, a kindergartner at the time, for not moving fast enough and forgetting something.  I rushed him out of the car and into school so I could get to work on time.  After I heard the news, I was haunted by the idea that "hurry up" was the message I left my child with that morning. Every day since, the last words Big B and Little C hear me say in the morning are,

"Have a good day.  I love you."


My thoughts and prayers remain with the families and community affected by this tragedy.

Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment