Pages

Sunday, December 8, 2013

A Quick Reflection on Screen Free Saturday

So I didn't blog yesterday, due to our family's screen free Saturday.  I wanted to share a few small reflections on how it went.

We had a great day.  I won't be sharing all the details.  That's boring.  :)  One family member ended up with the flu, so that slowed down our adventurous day.  But there was still time for wandering around the book store.

However, in chatting with my 9 year old at the end of the day, he noted that we talked to each other more. He also noted that we got more done.  (I'm not sure that's true.  But we did spend a lot of time at the book store!)

We naturally go screen free when we head to see my parents.  No reception there.  Love it.  This fall, I insisted we go there just to get away from technology for a bit.

But do you plan screen free moments in your daily lives?  I predict we will do this again.  Have you tried it?  How did it go?  How do you know when it's time to go screen free?


No comments:

Post a Comment